A reality or fact table’s record could be a combination of attributes from totally different dimension tables. The Fact Table or Reality Table helps the user to investigate the business dimensions that helps him in call taking to enhance his business.
On the opposite hand, Dimension Tables facilitate the reality table or fact table to gather dimensions on that the measures needs to be taken.
The main difference between fact table or reality table and the Dimension table is that dimension table contains attributes on that measures are taken actually table.
Difference between Fact Table and Dimension Table:
|1.||Fact table contains the measuring on the attributes of a dimension table.||Dimension table contains the attributes on that truth table calculates the metric.|
|2.||In fact table, There is less attributes than dimension table.||While in dimension table, There is more attributes than fact table.|
|3.||In fact table, There is more records than dimension table.||While in dimension table, There is less records than dimension table.|
|4.||Fact table forms a vertical table.||While dimension table forms a horizontal table.|
|5.||The attribute format of fact table is in numerical format and text format.||While the attribute format of dimension table is in text format.|
|6.||It comes after dimension table.||While it comes before fact table.|
|7.||The number of fact table is less than dimension table in a schema.||While the number of dimension is more than fact table in a schema.|
|8.||It is used for analysis purpose and decision making.||While the main task of dimension table is to store the information about a business and its process.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Snowflake Schema and Fact Constellation Schema
- Difference between Star Schema and Fact Constellation Schema
- Difference between Table-driven and Cyclic Scheduling
- Difference between Decision Table and Decision Tree
- Difference between Aerospike and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Table Store and Amazon DocumentDB
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Log Service and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Table Store and Amazon Redshift
- Hash Table vs STL Map
- Program for IP forwarding table lookup
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378