This method is used to convert the value of the current DateTime object to a Windows file time.
Syntax: public long ToFileTimeUtc ();
Return Value: This method returns the value of the current DateTime object expressed as a Windows file time.
Exception: This method will give ArgumentOutOfRangeException if the resulting file time would represent a date and time before 12:00 midnight January 1, 1601 C.E. UTC.
Below programs illustrate the use of DateTime.ToFileTimeUtc() Method:
Windows file time(UTC) is 129383280150000000
Example 2: For ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Exception Thrown: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
- Difference between Method Overriding and Method Hiding in C#
- C# | IndexOfAny() Method
- C# | Uri.GetHashCode() Method
- Stack.Contains() Method in C#
- C# | CompareOrdinal() Method
- C# | Math.Log() Method
- C# | Uri.IsHexDigit() Method
- C# | Random.Next() Method
- C# | Uri.FromHex() Method
- C# | Uri.IsBaseOf(Uri) Method
- C# | Method Overriding
- Method Hiding in C#
- C# | Clone() Method
- TimeSpan.Add() Method in C#
- C# | Insert() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.