This method is used to return a new DateTime that adds the specified number of hours to the value of this instance.
public DateTime AddHours (double value);
Here, the value is the number of whole and fractional hours. The value parameter can be negative or positive.
Return Value: This method returns an object whose value is the sum of the date and time represented by this instance and the number of hours represented by value.
Exception: This method will give ArgumentOutOfRangeException if the resulting DateTime is less than MinValue or greater than MaxValue.
Below programs illustrate the use of DateTime.AddDays(Double) Method:
DateTime before operation: 2010 January 01, 04:00 DateTime after operation: 2010 January 01, 09:30
Example 2: For ArgumentOutOfRangeException
DateTime before operation: 9999 December 31, 23:59 The resulting DateTime is greater than the DateTime.MaxValue Exception Thrown: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
- This method does not change the value of this DateTime. Instead, it returns a new DateTime whose value is the result of this operation.
- The fractional part of the value is the fractional part of a minute. For example, 7.5 is equivalent to 7 minutes, 30 seconds, 0 milliseconds, and 0 ticks.
- The value parameter is rounded to the nearest millisecond.
- Difference between Method Overriding and Method Hiding in C#
- C# | IndexOfAny() Method
- C# | Remove() Method
- C# | IsNullOrEmpty() Method
- C# | Replace() Method
- C# | Insert() Method
- C# | CopyTo() Method
- C# | Math.Tan() Method
- C# | Math.Cos() Method
- C# | Clone() Method
- C# | Math.Sin() Method
- C# | String.Contains() Method
- C# | Math.Log() Method
- C# | Math.Abs() Method | Set - 1
- C# | Uri.FromHex() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.