Round 1: Online Round
This round was conducted on Hackerrank platform. It had 3 sections.
First section consisted of 2 coding questions and time allotted was 50 minutes.(Minimum one question has to be attempted to qualify)
First question:(Easy question)
N is the input.A function was given and we have to find ‘x’ which satisfy this definition N-F(X)=X.
Definiton of F(x) is that it sums up the digits of the input number.13 Testcases were there for this question.
Second Question:(Medium to Hard category)
There are n companies and each company has m market share, market share are identified by their market ID.
We have to find the minimum no of merges so that no more than two companies have same share.
Second section was Technical MCQ(10 questions, 20 minutes), marking scheme was 2 marks for correct and -0.5 for incorrect.
- 3 questions were from DS/Algo
1.)Insertion sort worst case complexity
2.)Minimum stack space if a particular postfix expression has to be evaluated and expression was given
3.)Pseudo code snippet was given and we have to find the output
- 2 questions from DBMS(questions involving join, round function)
- 2 question from computer networks(didn’t remember)
- 3 questions from OS
Third section was Quant(10 question, 20minutes) -marking scheme was 2 marks for correct and -0.5 for incorrect.(medium to hard questions)
- involving questions from profit loss, pipes cistern, probability, averages, percentages.
In this round around 200-250 students appeared for the test and 16 were shortlisted for next round.
Round 2: This round was technical round :
First question asked was related to Node.js as i had done my project using this technology.Then further in this i was asked to optimize the space of dependencies in my project structure.
Rat in a maze problem was asked :https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/rat-in-a-maze-backtracking-2/
We were given four arrays of equal length which are not sorted and they have unique elements in them but across the arrays elements can clash so we were asked to pick one element from each array and satisfy this condition ‘x1+x2+x3+x4<m’ and count all possible solutions.
Then a question from DBMS invloving joins, group by.I was supposed to write query.
After this 3 students were shortlisted for next round.
Round 3:This round was again technical
Firstly questions from OOPS(JAVA) were asked as i knew JAVA.
questions like access specifiers, improvement in java8, collections related questions like Hashmap internal implementation, difference between arraylist and vectors.
Tree related question of preorder traversal that i have to optimize the space and was not required to perform recursion and iteration for traversing the tree.”This question was to trick me and check my knowledge in tree so i told 2 approaches and then he was like i am kidding “.
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-maximum-sum-square-sub-matrix-of-given-size/–>Modified version of this question was asked, instead of n*n it was given m*n matrix.
After this 3 students were shortisted.
ROUND 4:This was HR round, so i attended the pre placement talk and was able to tackle many questions and other questions were general .
Then they selected me finally and only one student from our college was selected.
- DE Shaw Interview Experience
- DE Shaw & Co Interview Experience
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 9
- D. E. Shaw Interview Experience
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 10 (Off-Campus)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 22 (Off-Campus)
- DE Shaw Interview Experience | SDE Internship
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus)
- DE-Shaw Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- D.E. Shaw Interview (1.10 years experience)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 22 (Off Campus)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 20 (For Q&A Profile)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 21 (For Internship)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 19 (Off-Campus)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 19 (On-Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.