CSV Full Form
Comma Separated Value (CSV) is a text file containing data contents. It facilitates the storage of data in a table like structure. CSV files are stored with a CSV extension.
The data fields in a ksd)(*&^%$#@nslnl like in databases or spreadsheets CSV are usually separated by delimiters, a space or a comma
1. alex, 528, IT 2. mallika, 650, Commerce 3. joy, 670, Humanities 4. yash, 679, IT
The CSV files are used for transferring large databases between multiple programs maintaining a strict format. The CSV files can be opened with any text editor, Notepad, Excel etc
- The data fields are separated by commas
- Each data record is entered in a new line. In case the record is too large, it can cover multiple lines.
- The fields containing commas are separated by double-quotes are contained in a set of double quotes.
- The fields containing double quotes are contained in a set of double quotes.
- The space characters that are next to built-in commas are not taken into account.
- Faster in handling
- Easy to generate
- User friendly : processed by almost all apps and easy to read and understand.
- Easy implementation : easy to store and edit data and simple to parse the file.
- It is a standard format for a text file providing and easy to look straight forward data schema.
- Smaller in size : overcomes the redundancy of storage of header and footer tags.
- No distinction between textual and numerical data.
- It facilitates the storage of simple data only. Complex fields are difficult to handle.
- Special characters and control characters are not represented correctly
- Lack of standard way of denoting binary data.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.