CSS font-variant-numeric Property
The font-variant-numeric property of CSS is used to control the usage of alternate glyphs. This is done in terms of units or markers such as numbers or fractions.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important HTML concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.
- normal: Using normal will remove each effect of font-variant-numeric property.
- ordinal: This value directly indicates the open type values i.e ordn. The term makes use of special glyphs for ordinal markers.
- slashed-zero: Slashed-zero used a zero with a slash. This property values prove to be very useful while distinguishing between 0 and O.
- lining-nums: Lining nums property corresponds to the open type values i.e lnum. This keyword activates the numbers lying on the baseline.
- oldstyle-nums: Oldstyle-nums property corresponds to the open type values i.e onum. This keyword activates the set of Figures where some numbers have descendent.
- proportional-nums: This property activates those norms where not every number is of same size. Its Open type value is pnum.
- tabular-nums: Tabular-nums open type value is tnum. It activates those set of figures where set of numbers is of the same size.
- diagonal-fractions: It open type value is frac. This activates those set of figures where numerator and denominator are made smaller and are separated by slash.
- stacked-fractions: It open type value is arac. This activates those set of figures where numerator and denominator are made smaller, stacked, and are separated by horizontal line.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox