This article focus on creating a stopwatch using Tkinter in python
Tkinter : Tkinter is the standard GUI library for Python. Python when combined with Tkinter provides a fast and easy way to create GUI applications. Tkinter provides a powerful object-oriented interface to the Tk GUI toolkit. It’s very easy to get started with Tkinter, here are some sample codes to get your hands on Tkinter in python.
Creating Stopwatch using Tkinter
Now lets try to create a program using Tkinter module to create a stopwatch.
A stopwatch is a handheld timepiece designed to measure the amount of time elapsed from a particular time when it is activated to the time when the piece is deactivated. A large digital version of a stopwatch designed for viewing at a distance, as in a sports stadium, is called a stop clock. In manual timing, the clock is started and stopped by a person pressing a button. In fully automatic time, both starting and stopping are triggered automatically, by sensors.
Required Modules: We are only going to use Tkinter for creating GUI and no other libraries will be used in this program.
This article is contributed by Subhajit Saha. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Create a stopwatch Using Clock Object in kivy
- Python | Create a stopwatch using clock object in kivy using .kv file
- PyQt5 – Digital StopWatch
- Python - Create a box in GTK+ 3
- Create a directory in Python
- Create Certificates using Python-PIL
- How to create a Dictionary in Python
- How to create a new thread in Python
- Create XML Documents using Python
- Create and Import modules in Python
- Create a Website Alarm Using Python
- Create Air Canvas using Python-OpenCV
- Python | Create a GUI Marksheet using Tkinter
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- Create a Weather app using Flask | Python
- Create an empty file using Python
- Python - Create window button in GTK+ 3
- Create a database in MongoDB using Python
- How to create an empty class in Python?
- Create a Yes/No Message Box in Python using tkinter
Improved By : kiran_online