Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
The Clock object allows you to schedule a function call in the future; once or repeatedly at specified intervals.
You can get the time elapsed between the scheduling and the calling of the callback via the dt argument:
Note: If the callback returns False, the schedule will be canceled and won’t repeat.
In this we are going to create the kivy the stopwatch and we are creating 3 buttons in this which are start, pause, resume.
It is good to use kivy inbuilt module while working with clock and:
from kivy.clock import Clock
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Builder 4) import Boxlayout 5) Import clock 6) import kivy properties(only needed one) 7) Set minimum version(optional) 8) Create the .kv code: 1) Create Buttons 2) Add call to button 3) Add label 9) Create Layout class 10) Create App class 11) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 12) Run an instance of the class
# Implementation of the Approach:
In this when you press start count start, when press Restart it starts again and when pause it get paused.
- Python | Create a stopwatch Using Clock Object in kivy
- Create a stopwatch using python
- Python | Create a digital clock using Tkinter
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- Python | Accordion in kivy using .kv file
- Python | TextInput in kivy using .kv file
- Python | ScreenManager in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | File chooser in kivy
- Python | Animation in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Canvas in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | AnchorLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | FloatLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy using .kv file
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.