Given a generic digital clock, having h number of hours and m number of minutes, the task is to find how many times the clock shows identical time. A specific time is said to be identical if every digit in the hours and minutes is same i.e. the time is of type D:D, D:DD, DD:D or DD:DD.
Note that the time is written on the digital clock without any leading zeros and the clock shows time between 0 to h – 1 hours and 0 to m – 1 minutes. Few examples of identical times are:
Input: hours = 24, minutes = 60
The clock has 24 hours and 60 minutes.
So the identical times will be:
Single digit hours and single digit minutes -> 0:0, 1:1, 2:2, …., 9:9
Single digit hours and double digit minutes -> 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 5:55
Double digit hours and single digit minutes -> 11:1 and 22:2
Double digit hours and double digit minutes -> 11:11, 22:22
Total = 10 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 19
Input: hours = 34, minutes = 50
Approach: As we can see in the explained example, we have to first count the single digit (of hours) identical times and then double-digit hours. During each of these counts, we need to consider single digit minutes as well as double-digit minutes.
There will be two loops. First loop deals with single digit hours. And the second deals with double digit hours. In each of the loops, there should be two conditions. First, if iterator variable is less than total minutes, then increment the counter. Second, if (iterator variable + iterator variable * 10) is less than total minutes, increment the counter. At the end, we will have the total identical times that clock shows.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- C program to print digital clock with current time
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Convert time from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock format
- Count of numbers appearing in the given ranges at-least K times
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
- Count of Numbers in a Range where digit d occurs exactly K times
- Count even and odd digits in an Integer
- Count of integers of length N and value less than K such that they contain digits only from the given set
- Given count of digits 1, 2, 3, 4, find the maximum sum possible
- Program to count digits in an integer (4 Different Methods)
- Count Numbers with N digits which consists of even number of 0’s
- Count of Numbers in Range where the number does not contain more than K non zero digits
- Find the count of numbers that can be formed using digits 3, 4 only and having length at max N.
- Count Numbers in Range with difference between Sum of digits at even and odd positions as Prime
- Program to count vowels, consonant, digits and special characters in string.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.