Given a string, convert the characters of the string into opposite case,i.e. if a character is lower case than convert it into upper case and vice-versa.
Input : geeksForgEeks Output : GEEKSfORGeEKS Input : hello every one Output : HELLO EVERY ONE
ASCII values of alphabets: A – Z = 65 to 90, a – z = 97 to 122
- Take one string of any length and calculate its length.
- Scan string character by character and keep checking the index .
- If character in a index is in lower case, then subtract 32 to convert it in upper case, else add 32 to convert it in upper case
- Print the final string.
Time Complexity: O(n)
Note: This program can alternatively be done using C++ inbuilt functions – Character.toLowerCase(char) and Character.toUpperCase(char).
This article is contributed by Rishabh Jain. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Convert a list of characters into a string
- Convert given string so that it holds only distinct characters
- Minimum number of operations to move all uppercase characters before all lower case characters
- Convert a String into a square matrix grid of characters
- Python | Toggle characters in words having same case
- Permutation of a string with maximum number of characters greater than its adjacent characters
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
- Permute a string by changing case
- String in Switch Case in Java
- Convert all lowercase characters to uppercase whose ASCII value is co-prime with k
- Toggle case of a string using Bitwise Operators
- Lower case to upper case - An interesting fact
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from the first K characters of a given string
- Minimal moves to form a string by adding characters or appending string itself