Introduction to python complex numbers: Complex Numbers in Python | Set 1 (Introduction)
Some more important functions and constants are discussed in this article.
Operations on complex numbers :
1. exp() :- This function returns the exponent of the complex number mentioned in its argument.
2. log(x,b) :- This function returns the logarithmic value of x with the base b, both mentioned in its arguments. If base is not specified, natural log of x is returned.
The exponent of complex number is : (1.4686939399158851+2.2873552871788423j) The log(base 10) of complex number is : (0.15051499783199057+0.3410940884604603j)
3. log10() :- This function returns the log base 10 of a complex number.
4. sqrt() :- This computes the square root of a complex number.
The log10 of complex number is : (0.15051499783199057+0.3410940884604603j) The square root of complex number is : (1.09868411346781+0.45508986056222733j)
5. isfinite() :- Returns true if both real and imaginary part of complex number are finite, else returns false.
6. isinf() :- Returns true if either real or imaginary part of complex number is/are infinite, else returns false.
7. isnan() :- Returns true if either real or imaginary part of complex number is NaN , else returns false.
Complex number is finite Complex number is infinite Complex number is NaN
There are two constants defined in cmath module, “pi”, which returns the numerical value of pi. The second one is “e” which returns the numerical value of exponent.
The value of pi is : 3.141592653589793 The value of exponent is : 2.718281828459045
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course