Co-prime or mutually prime pair are those pair of numbers whose GCD is 1. Given a number n represent the number as the sum of a Co-prime pair ( A, B) such that A – B is minimum .
Input : 12 Output : 5 7 Possible co-prime pairs are (5, 7), (1, 11) but difference between 5 and 7 is minimum Input : 13 Output : 6 7 Possible co-prime pairs are (6, 7), (5, 8), (4, 9), (3, 10), (2, 11) and (1, 12) but difference between 6 and 7 is minimum
A simple solution is to iterate through all number from 1 to n-1. For every number x, check if n – x and x are co-primes. If yes, then update the result if difference between these two is less than minimum difference so far.
An efficient solution is based on the fact that the numbers with minimum difference should be close to n/2. We loop from n/2 to 1. Check every possible pair and when first possible Co-prime pair is found display it and stop the loop.
This article is contributed by Dibyendu Roy Chaudhuri. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Pair of prime numbers with a given sum and minimum absolute difference
- Pair of integers having difference of their fifth power as X
- Count ways of choosing a pair with maximum difference
- Composite XOR and Coprime AND
- Largest Coprime Set Between two integers
- Largest number less than or equal to N/2 which is coprime to N
- Print all distinct Coprime sets possible from 1 to N
- Finding a Non Transitive Coprime Triplet in a Range
- Print all Coprime path of a Binary Tree
- Find the length of the Largest subset such that all elements are Pairwise Coprime
- Length of the longest increasing subsequence such that no two adjacent elements are coprime
- Sum of minimum and the maximum difference between two given Strings
- Minimum absolute difference between N and any power of 2
- Find two numbers with the given LCM and minimum possible difference
- Minimum difference between any two primes from the given range