java.time.Clock.systemUTC() method is a static method of Clock class which returns a clock that returns the current instant of the clock using the best available system clock where Zone of the returned clock is UTC time-zone.
When the current instant is needed without the date or time, then use systemUTC() method in place of systemDefaultZone().
When converting instant to date and time, then the converter uses UTC time-zone as Zone for conversion. This clock is based on the best available system clock. This method can use System.currentTimeMillis(), or other higher resolution clock for its implementation if the clock is available to use.
Returned clock from this method is immutable, thread-safe and Serializable.
public static Clock systemUTC()
Return Value: This method returns a clock that uses the best available system clock in the UTC time-zone
Code: //Clock with default zone Clock clock=Clock.systemUTC(); System.out.println(clock.instant()); Output:: 2018-08-21T20:38:10.772Z Explanation:: when you call systemUTC() for Clock then the systemUTC() method will return a Class Object whose Zone is UTC time zone.
Below programs illustrates systemUTC() method of java.time.Clock class:
Program 1: When Clock is created with systemUTC().
This method makes clock zone to UTC Zone.Below program print date and time of clock in ZonedDateTime format.
ZonedDateTime of class with UTC Time Zone is 2018-08-22T11:41:15.554Z
Program 2: Print the zoneId using getZone() for clock created by systemUTC().
ZoneID of class is Z
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Android | How to display Analog clock and Digital clock
- Java Clock tickMinutes() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock withZone() method in Java with Examples
- Java 8 Clock instant() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock hashCode() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock getZone() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock fixed() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock millis() Method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock equals() Method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock offset() method with Examples
- Clock tick() Method in Java with Examples
- Clock tickSeconds() method in Java with Examples
- Clock systemDefaultZone() Method in Java with Examples
- Clock system() Method in Java with Examples
- JapaneseDate now(Clock) method in Java with Examples
- YearMonth now(clock) method in Java with Examples
- LocalTime now(clock) method in Java with Examples
- MonthDay now(Clock) method in Java with Examples
- HijrahChronology dateNow(Clock) method in Java with Example
- HijrahDate now(Clock) method in Java with Example
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.