java.time.Clock.system(ZoneId zone) method is a static method of Clock class which returns a clock that returns the current instant of the clock using best available system clock with ZoneID of the returned clock is set to the ZoneID passed. This method can use System.currentTimeMillis(), or other higher resolution clock if the clock is available to use.
At the time of conversion from instant to date or time, the specified time-zone is used to give date and time of that timezone. Returned clock from this method is immutable, thread-safe and Serializable.
public static Clock system(ZoneId zone)
Parameters: This method takes a mandatory parameter zone which is the time-zone to use at time of conversion of the instant to date-time
Returns: The method returns Clock object for the given ZoneId
Code: // create a Zone Id for Europe/Paris ZoneId zoneId = ZoneId.of("Europe/Paris"); // base Clock with default zone Clock realClock=Clock.system(zoneId); System.out.println(clock.instant()); Output:: 2018-08-21T10:25:52.361Z Explanation:: when you call system(ZoneId) for Clock then the system(ZoneId) method will return a Class Object for the given ZoneId.you can get date and time of clock by using instant of class.
Below programs illustrates system(ZoneId) method of java.time.Clock class:
Program 1: When Clock is created with system(ZoneId) where ZoneId is “Europe/Paris” and print date and time of clock.
Instant for class is 2018-08-22T13:53:35.779+02:00[Europe/Paris]
Program 2: Create Clock with Zone “US/Arizona” using system() and print the zoneId using getZone().
ZoneID of class is US/Arizona
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Android | How to display Analog clock and Digital clock
- Java Clock tickMinutes() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock withZone() method in Java with Examples
- Java 8 Clock instant() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock hashCode() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock getZone() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock fixed() method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock millis() Method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock equals() Method with Examples
- Java 8 Clock offset() method with Examples
- Clock tick() Method in Java with Examples
- Clock tickSeconds() method in Java with Examples
- Clock systemDefaultZone() Method in Java with Examples
- Clock systemUTC() Method in Java with Examples
- JapaneseDate now(Clock) method in Java with Examples
- YearMonth now(clock) method in Java with Examples
- LocalTime now(clock) method in Java with Examples
- MonthDay now(Clock) method in Java with Examples
- HijrahChronology dateNow(Clock) method in Java with Example
- HijrahDate now(Clock) method in Java with Example
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.