Given the values of m and c for the equation of a line y = (m * x) + c, the task is to find whether the point (x, y) lies on the given line.
Input: m = 3, c = 2, x = 1, y = 5
m * x + c = 3 * 1 + 2 = 3 + 2 = 5 which is equal to y
Hence, the given point satisfies the line’s equation
Input: m = 5, c = 2, x = 2, y = 5
Approach: In order for the given point to lie on the line, it must satisfy the equation of the line. Check whether y = (m * x) + c holds true.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- How to check if a given point lies inside or outside a polygon?
- Check whether a given point lies inside a triangle or not
- Check whether a point lies inside a sphere or not
- Check whether a given point lies inside a rectangle or not
- Check whether a given point lies on or inside the rectangle | Set 3
- Check if a point lies on or inside a rectangle | Set-2
- Equation of straight line passing through a given point which bisects it into two equal line segments
- Find if a point lies inside a Circle
- Find a point that lies inside exactly K given squares
- Reflection of a point about a line in C++
- Find the other end point of a line with given one end and mid
- Direction of a Point from a Line Segment
- Perpendicular distance between a point and a Line in 2 D
- Program to find the mid-point of a line
- Choose points from two ranges such that no point lies in both the ranges
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.