In Go language, strings are different from other languages like Java, C++, Python, etc. It is a sequence of variable-width characters where each and every character is represented by one or more bytes using UTF-8 Encoding.
In Golang strings, you can check whether the string begins with the specified prefix or not with the help of HasPrefix() function. This function returns true if the given string starts with the specified prefix and return false if the given string does not start with the specified prefix. It is defined under the strings package so, you have to import strings package in your program for accessing HasPrefix function.
func HasPrefix(str, pre string) bool
Here, str is the original string and pre is a string which represents the prefix. The return type of this function is of the bool type. Let us discuss this concept with the help of an example:
Result 1: true Result 2: false Result 3: true Result 4: false Result 5: false Result 6: true
- Check if the Slice of bytes starts with specified prefix in Golang
- How to check the specified rune in Golang String?
- Check if the given characters is present in Golang String
- Check if the String ends with specified suffix in Golang
- How to check String for equality under Unicode case folding in Golang?
- How to trim prefix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- Check if the given slice is sorted in Golang
- Check If the Rune is a Letter or not in Golang
- How to check pointer or interface is nil or not in Golang?
- Check If the Rune is a Decimal Digit or not in Golang
- Check If the Rune is an Uppercase Letter or not in Golang
- Check If the Rune is a Space Character or not in Golang
- Check If the Rune is a Symbolic Character or not in Golang
- Check If the Rune is a Lowercase Letter or not in Golang
- How to check equality of slices of bytes in Golang?
- How to Trim a String in Golang?
- How to Split a String in Golang?
- How to Reverse a String in Golang?
- How to Get the String in Specified Base in Golang?
- Check if the Slice of bytes ends with specified suffix in Golang
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.