Given a Binary Tree having data at nodes as either 0’s or 1’s. The task is to find out whether there exists a subtree having an equal number of 1’s and 0’s.
Output : True
There are two subtrees present in the above tree where the number of 1’s is equal to the number of 0’s.
Output : False
There is no such subtree present which has the number of 1’s equal to number of 0’s
Approach: The idea is to change the data 0’s of the tree to -1. So that it becomes very easy to find the subtree having equal number of 0’s and 1’s. After converting all 0’s to -1, create a sum tree. After creating the sum tree, each node will contain the sum of all node lying under it.
Traverse the tree again and find if there is a node having 0 sum, it means that there is a subtree that has the equal number of 1’s and -1’s, i.e. equal number of 1’s and 0’s.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N)
Space Complexity: O(1)
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree using preorder traversal : Iterative
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree | Set 2
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree | Set 1
- Check if the given binary tree has a sub-tree with equal no of 1's and 0's | Set 2
- Subtree with given sum in a Binary Tree
- Duplicate subtree in Binary Tree | SET 2
- Find the largest BST subtree in a given Binary Tree | Set 1
- Find the largest Complete Subtree in a given Binary Tree
- Find the largest Perfect Subtree in a given Binary Tree
- Convert a Binary Tree such that every node stores the sum of all nodes in its right subtree
- Change a Binary Tree so that every node stores sum of all nodes in left subtree
- Check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree or not | Iterative Approach
- Check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree or not
- Check whether a given binary tree is skewed binary tree or not?
- Given level order traversal of a Binary Tree, check if the Tree is a Min-Heap
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.