First round: It was on Hackerrank. We were given 4 coding questions which were random for all. Some of the questions that I got are as follows:
- Minimum operation to make all elements equal in array
- Reduce the string by removing K consecutive identical characters
- Count number of Distinct Substring in a String
I was able to solve only 1 problem fully and the other 3 problems partially. Most of the students who had completed 1 problem fully were shortlisted for further rounds.
Second Round: This was a technical interview round conducted on Google Meet. The interviewer asked the following questions:
- Tell me about yourself
- How do you rate yourself in Data Structures in the scale of 1 – 10.
After that, the interviewer asked 2 coding questions:
- Find the Peak Element of an Array. At first, I explained the brute force approach and then the interviewer asked me to further optimize the approach and I came up the divide and conquer approach but wasn’t sure about the approach.
- Remove Duplicates from sorted array.
I didn’t get selected for further rounds. But it was a nice experience since it was my first interview,
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.