C# is a general-purpose, modern and object-oriented programming language pronounced as “C Sharp”. It was developed by Microsoft led by Anders Hejlsberg and his team within the .NET initiative and was approved by the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO). The current version of C# is C# 7.3.
The below table shows some important features introduced in each version of C#:
|Version||.NET Framework||Visual Studio||Major Features|
|C# 1.0||.NET Framework 1.0||Visual Studio .NET 2002|
|C# 1.2||.NET Framework 1.1||Visual Studio .NET 2003||
|C# 2.0||.NET Framework 2.0||Visual Studio 2005|
|C# 3.0||.NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5||Visual Studio 2008/2010|
|C# 4.0||.NET Framework 4||Visual Studio 2010||
|C# 5.0||.NET Framework 4.5||Visual Studio 2012/2013||
|C# 6.0||.NET Framework 4.6||Visual Studio 2015||
|C# 7.0||.NET Framework 4.6.2||Visual Studio 2017||
|C# 7.1||.NET Framework 4.7||Visual Studio 2017 version 15.3||
|C# 7.2||.NET Framework 4.7.1||Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5||
|C# 7.3||.NET Framework 4.7.2||Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7||
- Default Interface Methods in C# 8.0
- Hello World Program : First program while learning Programming
- Range and Indices in C# 8.0
- Range Structure in C# 8.0
- Basics Operations of File and Directory in C#
- Check if the given ranges are equal or not in C#
- How to Create a Range to a Specified End in C#?
- How to Create a Range From a Specified Start in C#?
- Getting the Hash Code of the Specified Range in C#
- Range Constructor in C#
- Finding the Start Index of the Specified Range in C#
- Finding the End Index of the Specified Range in C#
- Finding all the Elements of a Range from Start to End in C#
- 5 Best Programming Languages For Newbies
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.