C# is a general-purpose, modern and object-oriented programming language pronounced as “C Sharp”. It was developed by Microsoft led by Anders Hejlsberg and his team within the .NET initiative and was approved by the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO). The current version of C# is C# 7.3.
The below table shows some important features introduced in each version of C#:
|Version||.NET Framework||Visual Studio||Major Features|
|C# 1.0||.NET Framework 1.0||Visual Studio .NET 2002|
|C# 1.2||.NET Framework 1.1||Visual Studio .NET 2003||
|C# 2.0||.NET Framework 2.0||Visual Studio 2005|
|C# 3.0||.NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5||Visual Studio 2008/2010|
|C# 4.0||.NET Framework 4||Visual Studio 2010||
|C# 5.0||.NET Framework 4.5||Visual Studio 2012/2013||
|C# 6.0||.NET Framework 4.6||Visual Studio 2015||
|C# 7.0||.NET Framework 4.6.2||Visual Studio 2017||
|C# 7.1||.NET Framework 4.7||Visual Studio 2017 version 15.3||
|C# 7.2||.NET Framework 4.7.1||Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5||
|C# 7.3||.NET Framework 4.7.2||Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7||
|C# 8.0||.NET Core 3.0/.NET Standard 2.1||Visual Studio 2019 version 16.3||
- Differences Between .NET Core and .NET Framework
- C# - Indexers Using String as an Index
- Different Types of HTML Helpers in ASP.NET MVC
- Difference Between .NET and ASP.NET Framework
- Difference Between Properties and Indexers in C#
- C# Program to Convert a Binary String to an Integer
- Basics of FileStream in C#
- C# Program for Nested Conditional Operator
- C# Program for Converting Hexadecimal String to Integer
- Program to Input Weekday Number and Print the Weekday in C#
- What is NuGet?
- Top 10 Programming Languages for Blockchain Development
- C# Program to Convert the Octal String to an Integer Number
- int Keyword in C#
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : amitsantra19