Hashtable.CopyTo(Array, Int32) Method is used to copy the elements of a Hashtable to a one-dimensional Array instance at the specified index.
public virtual void CopyTo (Array array, int arrayIndex);
array : The one-dimensional Array that is the destination of the DictionaryEntry objects copied from Hashtable. The Array must have zero-based indexing.
index : The zero-based index in array at which copying begins.
- ArgumentNullException : If the array is null.
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException : If the index is less than zero.
- InvalidCastException : If the type of the source Hashtable cannot be cast automatically to the type of the destination array.
- ArgumentException : If array is multidimensional OR the number of elements in the source Hashtable is greater than the available space from arrayIndex to the end of the destination array.
Below programs illustrate the use of Hashtable.CopyTo(Array, Int32) Method:
B --> Banana C --> Cat A --> Apple F --> Fish D --> Dog E --> Elephant
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: arrayIndex
- The elements are copied to the Array in the same order in which the enumerator iterates through the Hashtable.
- To copy only the keys in the Hashtable, use Hashtable.Keys.CopyTo.
- To copy only the values in the Hashtable, use Hashtable.Values.CopyTo.
- This method is an O(n) operation, where n is Count.
- C# | Copying the HybridDictionary entries to an Array Instance
- C# | Check if a Hashtable is equal to another Hashtable
- C# | Copying the elements of ArrayList to a new array
- C# | Copying BitArray elements to an Array
- C# | Copying the Collection<T> elements to an array
- C# | Copying the SortedList elements to an Array Object
- Copying the Queue elements to 1-D Array in C#
- C# | Copying the entire ArrayList to 1-D Array starting at the specified index
- C# | Remove all elements from the Hashtable
- C# | Copy OrderedDictionary elements to Array instance at the specified index
- C# | Check if Hashtable has a fixed size
- C# | Adding an element into the Hashtable
- C# | Check if the Hashtable contains a specific Key
- C# | Check if the Hashtable contains a specific Value
- C# | Remove the element with the specified key from the Hashtable
- C# | Count the number of key/value pairs in the Hashtable
- C# | Get or Set the value associated with specified key in Hashtable
- C# | Gets an ICollection containing the keys in the Hashtable
- C# | Gets an ICollection containing the values in the Hashtable
- C# | Hashtable Class
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.