Let the given two files be file1.txt and file2.txt. The following are steps to merge.
1) Open file1.txt and file2.txt in read mode.
2) Open file3.txt in write mode.
3) Run a loop to one by one copy characters of file1.txt to file3.txt.
4) Run a loop to one by one copy characters of file2.txt to file3.txt.
5) Close all files.
To successfully run the below program file1.txt and fil2.txt must exits in same folder.
Merged file1.txt and file2.txt into file3.txt
Related Articles :
- Java program to merge two files alternatively into third file
- Java program to merge two files into a third file
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- fgets() and gets() in C language
- Basics of File Handling in C
- Read/Write structure to a file in C
- Print "Hello World" in C/C++ without using any header file
- Pointers in C and C++ | Set 1 (Introduction, Arithmetic and Array)
- Different methods to reverse a string in C/C++
- C Program to print numbers from 1 to N without using semicolon?
- Multithreading in C
- C program to delete a file
- C program to copy contents of one file to another file
- C Program to print contents of file
- C Language Introduction
- C Program to count number of lines in a file
- EOF, getc() and feof() in C
- Static functions in C