Interpolation is the technique of estimating the value of a function for any intermediate value of the independent variable, while the process of computing the value of the function outside the given range is called extrapolation.
Central differences : The central difference operator d is defined by the relations :
Similarly, high order central differences are defined as :
Note – The central differences on the same horizontal line have the same suffix
Bessel’s Interpolation formula –
It is very useful when u = 1/2. It gives a better estimate when 1/4 < u < 3/4
Here f(0) is the origin point usually taken to be mid point, since bessel’s is used to interpolate near the centre.
h is called the interval of difference and u = ( x – f(0) ) / h, Here f(0) is term at the origin chosen.
Input : Value at 27.4 ?
Value at 27.4 is 3.64968
Implementation of Bessel’s Interpolation –
4 -0.154 0.0120001 -0.00300002 0.00399971 -0.00699902 3.846 -0.142 0.00900006 0.000999689 -0.00299931 3.704 -0.133 0.00999975 -0.00199962 3.571 -0.123 0.00800014 3.448 -0.115 3.333 Value at 27.4 is 3.64968
This article is contributed by Shubham Rana. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Lagrange's Interpolation
- Newton Forward And Backward Interpolation
- Program for Stirling Interpolation Formula
- Newton's Divided Difference Interpolation Formula
- Program to implement Inverse Interpolation using Lagrange Formula
- Sum of numbers in a range [L, R] whose count of divisors is prime
- Find a pair (n,r) in an integer array such that value of nPr is maximum
- Sum of values of all possible non-empty subsets of the given array
- Find a pair (n,r) in an integer array such that value of nCr is maximum
- Minimum length String with Sum of the alphabetical values of the characters equal to N
- Printing the Triangle Pattern using last term N
- Minimize the cost of partitioning an array into K groups
- Find next greater element with no consecutive 1 in it's binary representation
- Number of ways in which N can be represented as the sum of two positive integers
Improved By : Mithun Kumar