BeautifulSoup – Scraping List from HTML
Python can be employed to scrap information from a web page. It can also be used to retrieve data provided within a specific tag, this article how list elements can be scraped from HTML.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
- Import module
- Get HTML Code using requests module
- Find all list tag using find_all() method.
- Iterate through all list tag and get text using text property
Example 1: Scraping List from HTML Code
Total 3 li tag found
Example 2: Scraping List from Web URL