Python can be employed to scrap information from a web page. It can also be used to retrieve data provided within a specific tag, this article how list elements can be scraped from HTML.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
- Import module
- Get HTML Code using requests module
- Find all list tag using find_all() method.
- Iterate through all list tag and get text using text property
Example 1: Scraping List from HTML Code
Total 3 li tag found
Example 2: Scraping List from Web URL
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.