BeautifulSoup CSS selector – Selecting nth child
In this article, we will see how beautifulsoup can be employed to select nth-child. For this, select() methods of the module are used. The select() method uses the SoupSieve package to use the CSS selector against the parsed document.
- nth-of-type(n): Selects the nth paragraph child of the parent.
- nth-child(n): Selects paragraph which is the nth child of the parent
- Import module
- Scrap data from a webpage.
- Parse the string scraped to HTML.
- Use find() function to get tag with the given class name or id or tag_name.
- Use select(“css_selector”) to find the nth child
- Print the child.
- select(“p:nth-of-type(n)”) means select the nth paragraph child of the parent.
- select(“p:nth-child(n)”) means select paragraph which is the nth child of the parent.
- Both functions will return  if a parent doesn’t have nth-child.