Given an array of N integers. The task is to find the average of the numbers after removing k largest elements and k smallest element from the array i.e. calculate the average value of the remaining N – 2K elements.
Input: arr = [1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6], K = 2 Output: 4 Remove 2 smallest elements i.e. 1 and 2 Remove 2 largest elements i.e. 5 and 6 Remaining elements are 4, 4. So average of 4, 4 is 4. Input: arr = [1, 2, 3], K = 3 Output: 0
- If no. of elements to be removed is greater than no. of elements present in the array, then ans = 0.
- Else, Sort all the elements of the array. Then, calculate average of elements from Kth index to n-k-1th index.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- k largest(or smallest) elements in an array | added Min Heap method
- Minimum number of elements to be removed such that the sum of the remaining elements is equal to k
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to sum of all the remaining elements
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to product of remaining elements
- Count occurrences of the average of array elements with a given number
- Number of ways to choose elements from the array such that their average is K
- Minimize the sum calculated by repeatedly removing any two elements and inserting their sum to the Array
- Maximum distinct elements after removing k elements
- Find the smallest and second smallest elements in an array
- Count the number of sub-arrays such that the average of elements present in the sub-array is greater than that not present in the sub-array
- Smallest greater elements in whole array
- Find the largest three elements in an array
- k-th smallest absolute difference of two elements in an array
- Rearrange an array in order - smallest, largest, 2nd smallest, 2nd largest, ..
- Largest sub-array whose all elements are perfect squares
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.