Given an array of N integers. The task is to find the average of the numbers after removing k largest elements and k smallest element from the array i.e. calculate the average value of the remaining N – 2K elements.
Input: arr = [1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6], K = 2 Output: 4 Remove 2 smallest elements i.e. 1 and 2 Remove 2 largest elements i.e. 5 and 6 Remaining elements are 4, 4. So average of 4, 4 is 4. Input: arr = [1, 2, 3], K = 3 Output: 0
- If no. of elements to be removed is greater than no. of elements present in the array, then ans = 0.
- Else, Sort all the elements of the array. Then, calculate average of elements from Kth index to n-k-1th index.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- k largest(or smallest) elements in an array | added Min Heap method
- Minimum number of elements to be removed such that the sum of the remaining elements is equal to k
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to XOR of remaining elements
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to sum of all the remaining elements
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to product of remaining elements
- Minimize the sum calculated by repeatedly removing any two elements and inserting their sum to the Array
- Count occurrences of the average of array elements with a given number
- Find the deleted value from the array when average of original elements is given
- Number of ways to choose elements from the array such that their average is K
- Maximum distinct elements after removing k elements
- Find the smallest and second smallest elements in an array
- Smallest greater elements in whole array
- Count the number of sub-arrays such that the average of elements present in the sub-array is greater than that not present in the sub-array
- Find the largest three elements in an array
- Replace elements with absolute difference of smallest element on left and largest element on right
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.