Given a number N, the task is to check whether the number is Automorphic number or not. A number is called Automorphic number if and only if its square ends in the same digits as the number itself.
Input : N = 76 Output : Automorphic Explanation: As 76*76 = 5776 Input : N = 25 Output : Automorphic As 25*25 = 625 Input : N = 7 Output : Not Automorphic As 7*7 = 49
1. Store the square of given number. 2. Loop until N becomes 0 as we have to match all digits with its square. i) Check if (n%10 == sq%10) i.e. last digit of number = last digit of square or not a) if not equal, return false. ii) Otherwise continue i.e. reduce number and square i.e. n = n/10 and sq = sq/10; 3- Return true if all digits matched.
This article is contributed by Sahil Chhabra. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Number of factors of very large number N modulo M where M is any prime number
- Count number of trailing zeros in Binary representation of a number using Bitset
- Maximum number formed from array with K number of adjacent swaps allowed
- Find the largest number smaller than integer N with maximum number of set bits
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Count number of triplets with product equal to given number with duplicates allowed
- Minimum number of distinct powers of 2 required to express a given binary number
- Find the minimum number to be added to N to make it a prime number
- Previous perfect square and cube number smaller than number N
- Number of times the largest perfect square number can be subtracted from N
- Number of possible permutations when absolute difference between number of elements to the right and left are given
- Minimum number of swaps required to make a number divisible by 60
- Find the number of positive integers less than or equal to N that have an odd number of digits
- Find smallest possible Number from a given large Number with same count of digits
- Number of distinct ways to represent a number as sum of K unique primes
- Largest number dividing maximum number of elements in the array
- Smallest number dividing minimum number of elements in the Array
- Smallest number dividing minimum number of elements in the array | Set 2
- Given number of matches played, find number of teams in tournament
- Minimum divisor of a number to make the number perfect cube