Given a number N, the task is to check whether the number is Automorphic number or not. A number is called Automorphic number if and only if its square ends in the same digits as the number itself.
Input : N = 76 Output : Automorphic Explanation: As 76*76 = 5776 Input : N = 25 Output : Automorphic As 25*25 = 625 Input : N = 7 Output : Not Automorphic As 7*7 = 49
1. Store the square of given number. 2. Loop until N becomes 0 as we have to match all digits with its square. i) Check if (n%10 == sq%10) i.e. last digit of number = last digit of square or not a) if not equal, return false. ii) Otherwise continue i.e. reduce number and square i.e. n = n/10 and sq = sq/10; 3- Return true if all digits matched.
This article is contributed by Sahil Chhabra. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Maximum number formed from array with K number of adjacent swaps allowed
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Count number of triplets with product equal to given number with duplicates allowed
- Count number of trailing zeros in Binary representation of a number using Bitset
- Smallest number dividing minimum number of elements in the Array
- Given number of matches played, find number of teams in tournament
- Smallest number dividing minimum number of elements in the array | Set 2
- Find the number of positive integers less than or equal to N that have an odd number of digits
- Largest number dividing maximum number of elements in the array
- Number of ways to split a binary number such that every part is divisible by 2
- Number of possible permutations when absolute difference between number of elements to the right and left are given
- Number of times the largest perfect square number can be subtracted from N
- Find the number of jumps to reach X in the number line from zero
- Check whether all the rotations of a given number is greater than or equal to the given number or not
- Program to Convert Octal Number to Binary Number