I’ve attended the Amazon interview in Hyderabad, This was kindle team, I got rejected but I’d like to share the experience, thought of giving back something to geeksforgeeks, which was a great reference for me.
Very straight forward
1. Given a linked list, sort without extra space.
I wrote merge sort
2. Methods to serialize & deserialize a tree ,must complete the below 2 monthods. File serialize (node *root) & node * deserialize(File f)
Cleared the written test, I was told this after 1:30 Hrs.
1. Find diameter of a tree, I’ve seen the question here, But i didn’t recollect.. So solved my self..in some primitive way which made me write code with difficulty.
2. Find a lowest common Ancestor, The variation was the tree was just a Binary Tree, Not BST, It was interesting to solve as i know only BST variation.
1. Given an array randomize it,
2. Write all possible permutations of a array of size z.
3. Given a 2-D array of 0s and 1s, find islands in it. An Island is 1s together. E.g (below there is U shaped island)
4. Write a method to check if a tree is BST or not. I wrote some stupid mistake in this code, probably that gave away my interview.
1. So many HR like questions. Why Amazon, Why u want to leave, Why u dont want to stay, what did you do to stay back, biggest challenge, worst mistake, etc etc.. blabbered something.
3. Design a system, which can convert books from one format to another
Only one design question: Design a email client.
After 4 days and lot of anticipation, I got a mail saying I got rejected, Was wondering what they exactly look for.
Thanks to muzicisgod for sharing Amazon Interview Questions. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 180 (Telephonic Interview )
- Amazon Interview Experience (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 249 (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview -SDE 1 Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview | Set 85
- Amazon Interview | Set 87 (For SDE)
- Amazon Interview | Set 86
- Amazon Interview | Set 81 (For SDE-I)
- Amazon Interview | Set 80
- Amazon Interview | Set 82 (For SDE-2)
- Amazon Interview | Set 83
- Amazon Interview | Set 84
- Amazon Interview | Set 18
- Amazon Interview | Set 107 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview | Set 104