Advantages and disadvantages of Wireless Communication
The interconnection of systems, people, or things with the help of a communication media can be referred to as a network. The type of communication which use electromagnetic waves as communication media for transmitting and receiving data or voice is called wireless communication. The electromagnetic spectrum is divided into a well-defined channel for data transmission.
- Freedom from wires: Can be configured with the use of any physical connection.
- Easy to setup: Wireless network is easy to expand and setup
- Better or global coverage: It provides global reach by providing networking in places such as rural areas, battlefields, etc… where wiring is not feasible.
- Flexibility: Wireless network is more flexible and adaptable compared to a wired network.
- Cost-effectiveness: Since it is easy to install and doesn’t require cables, the wireless network is relatively cheaper.
- Mobile and portable: Wireless network is easy to carry and re-install in another place.
- Mobility -: It has good mobility of usage.
- Data transmission is fast: In wireless network data transmission is fast.
- Low maintenance: In any wireless communication low maintenance cost.
- It can be accessed from anywhere and anytime. for ex. professional can complete their work from remote location.
- Network planning: Network planning in wireless communication is vey easy as compare to wired network due to wireless software configuration of frequency, power and other parameter.
- Expandable: Wireless networks can serve a large number of client without resorting the new hardware.
- As communication is done through open space, it is less secure.
- More open to interference.
- Increased chance of jamming.
- Transmission speed is comparably less.
- it has a limited amount of bandwidth for communication and breaches of network security.
- Wireless networks can be easily hacked.
- Wireless networks require a careful radio frequency when they are installed.
- Wireless networks are usually inexpensive, but the cost of installation is very high, setting up a wireless network is very costly.
- Difficult to set up little experience people.
Applications of Wireless Communication :
- Satellite system
- Television remote control
- Paging system
- Security systems
- Computer interface devices
- Accessing the internet.
- For locating and tracing someone.
- Wireless power transfer.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...