In this article, we will learn how to add a new column with constant value to a Pandas DataFrame. Before that one must be familiar with the following concepts:
- Pandas DataFrame : Pandas DataFrame is two-dimensional size-mutable, potentially heterogeneous tabular arrangement with labeled axes (rows and columns). A Data frame may be a two-dimensional arrangement , i.e., data is aligned during a tabular fashion in rows and columns. Pandas DataFrame consists of three principal components, the data, rows, and columns.
- Column in DataFrame : In Order to pick a column in Pandas DataFrame, we will either access the columns by calling them by their columns name. Column Addition: so as to feature a column in Pandas DataFrame, we will declare a replacement list as a column and increase a existing Dataframe.
- Constant : A fixed value. In Algebra, a continuing may be a number on its own, or sometimes a letter like a, b or c to face for a hard and fast number. Example: in “x + 5 = 9”, 5 and 9 are constants.
- Import Library
- Load or create a dataframe
- Add column with constant value to dataframe
To understand these above mentioned steps, lets discuss some examples :
Example 1: (By using Pandas Series)
Example 2: (As static value)
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course