Problem – Write an assembly language program in 8086 to print the table of input integer.
Assuption – Suppose the inputted number is at memory location 500 and the table will be printed from starting location 600 till 609 in hexadecimal.
- Load input number address in SI and also load the address where we want output in DI .
- Store 00 in CH register.
- Increment value of CH by 1 and move the content of [SI] into AH register.
- Multiply content of AL and CH and store it in AX and then move content of AL into [DI], then increment value of DI by 1.
- Compare the value of CH and 0A, if not equal then go to step number 3 otherwise halt the program.
|400||MOV SI, 500||SI<-500|
|403||MOV DI, 600||DI<-600|
|406||MOV CH, 00||CH<-00|
|409||MOV AL, [SI]||AL<-[SI]|
|40D||MOV [DI], AL||[DI]<-AL|
|410||CMP CH, 0A||CH-0A|
|413||JNZ 408||jump to address 408 if zero flag is 0|
|415||HLT||Terminates the program|
- MOV SI, 500: load 500 in SI.
- MOV DI, 600: load 600 in DI.
- MOV CH, 00: load 00 data in CH register.
- INC CH: increment the value inside CH register by 1.
- MOV AL, SI: move the content of SI into AL register.
- MUL CH: multiply the contents of AL and CH register and store in AX register.
- MOV [DI], AL: move the contents of AL register into [DI].
- INC DI: increment the value of DI by 1.
- CMP CH, 0A: subtract data inside CH register and 0A.
- JNZ 408: jump to address 408 if zero flag is 0.
- HLT: terminate the program.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- 8085 program to print the table of input integer
- 8086 program to sort an integer array in descending order
- 8086 program to sort an integer array in ascending order
- 8086 program to print a String
- 8086 program to find GCD of two numbers and print the GCD
- 8086 program to Print a 16 bit Decimal number
- 8086 program to add two 8 bit BCD numbers
- 8086 program to subtract two 8 bit BCD numbers
- 8086 program to multiply two 8 bit numbers
- 8086 program to add two 16-bit numbers with or without carry
- 8086 program to reverse a string
- 8086 program to subtract two 16 bit BCD numbers
- 8086 program to find the min value in a given array
- 8086 program to multiply two 16-bit numbers
- 8086 program for selection sort
- 8086 program to add two 16 bit BCD numbers with carry
- 8086 program to find average of n numbers
- 8086 program to convert 8 bit ASCII to BCD number
- 8086 program to find sum of odd numbers in a given series
- 8086 program to determine sum of corresponding elements of two arrays
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.