Why Bootstrap is used for mobile application developments ?
Bootstrap is an open-source CSS framework that was developed by Mark Otto. It is mobile-friendly which means the templates render well on every device type. Bootstrap has all the basic templates available needed for basic website development. The framework has various forms, navbar, panels, jumbotron available which can be used for making beautiful web pages. This makes the development process easy, as basic templates are available for ready to use. For this reason, it saves lots of time in the development process. The bootstrap can be accessed from their official website The bootstrap has its latest v 5.0. and majorly all the browsers support the Bootstrap framework.
There are many possible reasons to use Bootstrap for mobile application development. A few of the reasons are discussed below:
- Grid system: The Bootstrap has a responsive grid system that helps for building Mobile-first design. It divides the screen into 12 equal parts and arranges the CSS elements accordingly on the screen and according to the size. This feature helps in creating mobile-friendly applications.
- Open-source framework: As the project is open-source thus people contribute to it constantly, so all the major changes evolved can be adapted as and when required. The open-source platform has the advantage that any problem faced by the user can be resolved with help of the community in a short duration of time with clarity. Due to community support, any doubt can be resolved within a limited amount of time.
- Time management and ease of use: The bootstrap is beginner-friendly as it requires less time to get the concepts. The bootstrap is available for all the screen sizes, also the changes in the templates can be done as per the need of the user and it is ready to use, so just the user needs to copy the starter templates. If the user has limited time to create a webpage then the best resource would be bootstrap as it can create an efficient website with less amount of time effectively. Bootstrap has a very easy-to-use installation method and directly templates can be picked.
- Mobile application development resources: Bootstrap is one of the resources which has specifically driven mobile-friendly development. It has a navbar, forms, and many more components that help for responsive website creation.
- Customizable: The templates are designed in such a manner that everything can be customized as per the need. Even many templates can be mixed and can be used in a very efficient manner.
Nowadays with varying sizes of devices, it becomes necessary to make a website that is responsive in nature, so that when the website is opened on any other device, it will be feasible for the user to use the website. For example, if we use bootstrap navbar then under small devices, the navbar collapses while using large devices, the navbar can be seen.
Example: This example describes the use of Bootstrap for developing mobile applications.
- For small devices:
- For large devices: