Being a developer it is overwhelming to learn multiple languages to build different kinds of applications. Most of the time we need to learn more than one language just to build a single application or to build various applications. For the frontend part, you learn a different language and for the backend one a different language. For mobile, you learn a different one, for game development you learn a different one. Every time learning a new language becomes quite confusing or sometimes frustrating for developers… Surely we all want to stick to one language that can perform pretty much any task.
So what’s the solution for the above problems? Can we just learn a single language and manage multiple things together? Is there any language that can fulfill most of the tasks? Is there any language that can be used everywhere…?
— Jeff Atwood, 2007
But why this language is gaining so much popularity and hype? What benefits does it offer to the developers? What are some strong reasons to choose this language to learn? Let’s discuss that in detail…
1. It Works in The Browser
2. Easy to Learn
3. Versatile Programming Language
Also, you don’t need to spend time learning a new language for the backend part of your application. With the help of Node.js, Nest.Js, and Express, you can use the same language for building the server-side part of your application. Isn’t it cool to become a full-stack developer by learning just a single language?
- Desktop Applications: You can build the desktop application with the help of ElectronJS.
Node.js is also the best fit for the cloud application. It is one of the top four languages supported by major cloud platforms such as Google, Amazon, and Microsoft Azure. Development with Node.js is growing faster and now it has 35,000 downloads with more than 88,000 modules.
- Automation: Even if you don’t want to be a developer, you can use this language to automate your day-to-day workflow. You can create some simple programs to avoid repetitive tasks such as updating a few things at several places or following people on Instagram. You can create automation scenarios for Mac computers by using JXA. You can also create automation scenarios for Photoshop. So a lot of boring stuff that consumes a lot of time can be automated with this language.
- You can use ExcelJS in order to develop tools intended to edit files in the XLS format.
- It can be used to power up smart TV or you can create music with it.
- IoT (Raspberry Pi)
- Machine learning (TensorflowJS)
- Artificial intelligence
4. Big Community Support
5. Great Career Opportunities
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...