Indeed, for computer science enthusiasts, coding is no less than an adventurous sport where they deal with a lot of challenges and excitement. And with the same concern, Tata Consultancy Services is also encouraging the Programming as a Sports culture with its most renowned coding competition – TCS CodeVita 2020. TCS Codevita offers you a coding platform where you can compete with individuals across the world and can achieve the prestigious title of World’s Best Coder. Meanwhile, this 9th edition of the TCS Codevita has a lot more to offer you!
*The last date to register for TCS CodeVita 2020 contest is July 05, 2020!
Now you must be curious to know about this TCS CodeVita 2020, Right? Okay, the contest is organized by TCS Limited, one of the leading organizations, to promote the programming culture and make students aware of the same. The company has already organized 8 successful editions of the CodeVita and is coming up with the latest ninth edition. Before moving further, let’s take a look at several major benefits of the contest:
- Students can showcase their programming skills and can compete with various sharp minds across the world.
- Also, the contest rewards you with Global Rankings based on your performance.
- The contest offers total prize money of US$20, 000/- to the top 3 coders. (Isn’t it exciting!!)
- And yes, you can get various career opportunities as well in TCS.
As of now, you must have got an idea that how worthy and beneficial the TCS CodeVita is! Hence, it’s time to discuss the eligibility criteria and other prerequisites required for the exam. These are as follows:
- Students from institutes across India who are completing their academic program in the year 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024 are eligible for the CodeVita contest.
- UnderGraduates/PostGraduates related to Engineering & Science background in any domain are eligible.
Also, the participants should have a proper internet connection and a valid postal address & email address in order to enter the Contest.
Okay, now move further to the exam pattern and other contest details. CodeVita is an online coding contest that consists of 3 major rounds: Pre-Qualifier Round, Qualifier Round, and Grand Finale.
1. Pre-Qualifier Round: It will be an online coding contest in which the participants need to solve the questions within 6 hours. Meanwhile, there will two zonal rounds for the Pre-Qualifier Stage in India. Moreover, the participants will be tagged to a particular contest zone based on the form details.
- Mode: Online
- Starts from: August 08, 2020, 09:30 UTC
- Ends On: August 16, 2020, 09:30 UTC
2. Qualifier Round: Once you’ll get done with Pre-Qualifier rounds, then the Qualifier Round will take place on a particular day for both Indian and other students. The top performers in the zonal rounds will be promoted to this qualifier round. In this round, each participant is provided with 6 hours to solve the questions.
- Mode: Online
- Starts from: February 06, 2021, 09:00 IST
- Ends On: February 07, 2021, 09:00 IST
3. Grand Finale: It will be the final round where the top performers from the second round (Qualifier round) will participate. It will be held in one of the TCSL offices in India. The Top 3 contestants in this round will be declared as winners of the contest. Also, the winners will receive a total cash prize of USD 20, 000.
- Mode: Takes Place At the Venue
- Starts from: March 06, 2021, 03:30 UTC
- Ends On: March 06, 2021, 12:30 UTC
How to Register?
Now, it’s time to open your laptop and get registered for the contest. But wait.. do you know how can you register yourself for the CodeVita? No worries, it’s an easy job!! All you need to do is follow several steps that are mentioned below:
Step 1: Firstly, candidates are required to visit the Campus Commune portal and click on the ‘Register‘ link for CodeVita Season 9.
Step 2: Then, you’ll be redirected to the Login Page where you are required to enter your login details (Reference ID & Password) if you’ve already registered. If you are a new user, you’re required to sign-up on campus commune and NextStep portal and then proceed with the further registration process.
Step 3: After the login process, you need to click on the ‘Confirm Registration’ link on the CodeVita Season 9 Page.
Step 4: After clicking on Confirm Registration and verifying your mobile number, you’ll be registered successfully for the CodeVita contest.
Note: Each registered participant will receive a unique secret code or link to take part in the contest. The Secret code/link will also be a part of the login credentials for the contest platform.
As mentioned above in the exam pattern section, there will be several coding problems that are required to be solved within the given time of 6 hours. So you need to very optimal and fluent with your solutions. Also, as per the previous year pattern, you are advised to cover several topics more intensely that are listed below:
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Searching & Sorting
- Binary Tree & Binary Search Tree
- Dynamic Programming
- Greedy Algorithms | Divide and Conquer
- Practice programming questions from basic to advanced level
All the participants are strongly recommended having the basic concepts very clear and practice as many problems as they can for better preparation.
After going through all the details mentioned above, surely the coder in you must be charged up! Indeed, the CodeVita contest will strengthen your coding skills and enrich you with a lot more exposure at the global level. Now, what are you waiting for? Do register yourself for the most challenging and exciting coding competition of all time and showcase your coding skills to the world!