In this article, we will learn how to create a System Tray application using PyQt.
System Tray(or menu bar) is an area on the taskbar in an operating system. You can find this system on the bottom right side of the desktop if you’re using windows, and top right if using macOS. The icons which are visible in this notification area are the ones that run in the foreground. Some of the famous applications which use system tray to function, and they are Windscribe(VPN application) and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Menu bar applications are also useful to minimally control the desktop application using the shortcuts provided in the menu bar icon. One can choose to not open the whole application and still work by just using the options provided on the System Tray. In this article, you will learn how to create these applications.
Below is an example of an application named Windscribe.
As you can see there is a marker icon on my mac menu bar, and there are three options visible namely Geeks for Geeks, GFG, and quit. By clicking on the last option(quit) you will exit the application.
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Mapping Co-ordinate system to Calendar co-ordinate system
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Mapping co-ordinate system from Calendar co-ordinate system
- Python | Designing GUI applications Using PyQt
- Python Language advantages and applications
- Python String index() and its applications
- isupper(), islower(), lower(), upper() in Python and their applications
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting System Identifier
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Matching font with the System Font
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Mapping co-ordinate system from global
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Mapping co-ordinate system from parent
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Mapping co-ordinate system to global
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Mapping co-ordinate system to Parent
- Python | System hardening and compliance reports using Lynis
- Python - Get Hardware and System information using platform module
- FaceNet - Using Facial Recognition System
- List all the Microphones connected to System in Python using PyAudio and SpeechRecognition
- Voting System Project Using Django Framework
- Intrusion Detection System Using Machine Learning Algorithms
- Get Your System Information - Using Python Script