Given n nodes of a tree and their connections, print Subtree nodes of every node.
Subtree of a node is defined as a tree which is a child of a node. The name emphasizes that everything which is a descendant of a tree node is a tree too, and is a subset of the larger tree.
Input: N = 5 0 1 1 2 0 3 3 4 Output: Subtree of node 0 is 1 2 3 4 Subtree of node 1 is 2 Subtree of node 3 is 4 Input: N = 7 0 1 1 2 2 3 0 4 4 5 4 6 Output: Subtree of node 0 is 1 2 3 4 5 6 Subtree of node 1 is 2 3 Subtree of node 4 is 5 6
Approach: Do DFS traversal for every node and print all the nodes which are reachable from a particular node.
Explanation of below code:
- When function dfs(0, 0) is called, start = 0, dfs_order.push_back(0), visited = 1 to keep track of dfs order.
- Now, consider adjacency list (adj) as considering directional path elements connected to node 0 will be in adjacency list corresponding to node 0.
- Now, recursively call dfs function till all elements traversed of adj.
- Now, dfs(1, 2) is called, Now start = 1, dfs_order.push_back(1), visited = 1 after adj elements is traversed.
- Now adj  is traversed which contain only node 2 when adj is traversed it contains no element, it will break and end=2.
- Similarly, all nodes traversed and store dfs_order in array to find subtree of nodes.
subtree of node 0 is 1 4 7 8 5 2 6 9 3 subtree of node 1 is 4 7 8 5 subtree of node 2 is 6 9 subtree of node 4 is 7 8 subtree of node 6 is 9
- Number of leaf nodes in the subtree of every node of an n-ary tree
- Convert a Binary Tree such that every node stores the sum of all nodes in its right subtree
- Change a Binary Tree so that every node stores sum of all nodes in left subtree
- Check if two nodes are in same subtree of the root node
- Queries for the number of nodes having values less than V in the subtree of a Node
- Count the nodes of the tree which make a pangram when concatenated with the sub-tree nodes
- Queries for DFS of a subtree in a tree
- Even size subtree in n-ary tree
- Subtree with given sum in a Binary Tree
- Find largest subtree sum in a tree
- Duplicate subtree in Binary Tree | SET 2
- Find the largest BST subtree in a given Binary Tree | Set 1
- Find the Kth node in the DFS traversal of a given subtree in a Tree
- Euler Tour | Subtree Sum using Segment Tree
- Check if the given Binary Tree have a Subtree with equal no of 1's and 0's
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : rituraj_jain