The strspn() function returns the length of the initial substring of the string pointed to by str1 that is made up of only those character contained in the string pointed to by str2.
size_t strspn(const char *str1, const char *str2) str1 : string to be scanned. str2 : string containing the characters to match. Return Value : This function returns the number of characters in the initial segment of str1 which consist only of characters from str2.
Length of initial segment matching 4
Length of initial segment matching 0
This article is contributed by Shivani Ghughtyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- How to call function within function in C or C++
- Write a one line C function to round floating point numbers
- Does C support function overloading?
- How can I return multiple values from a function?
- What is the purpose of a function prototype?
- How to declare a pointer to a function?
- C function to Swap strings
- Can we call an undeclared function in C++?
- What is evaluation order of function parameters in C?
- Can we use function on left side of an expression in C and C++?
- Function Pointer in C
- Importance of function prototype in C
- What happens when a function is called before its declaration in C?
- Default arguments and virtual function
- Function overloading and const keyword
- How to measure time taken by a function in C?
- Comparator function of qsort() in C
- Can we access private data members of a class without using a member or a friend function?
- Print substring of a given string without using any string function and loop in C
- How to print range of basic data types without any library function and constant in C?