Given a string S containing letters and ‘#‘. The ‘#” represents a backspace. The task is to print the new string without ‘#‘.
Input : S = "abc#de#f#ghi#jklmn#op#" Output : abdghjklmo Input : S = "##geeks##for##geeks#" Output : geefgeek
Approach: A simple approach to this problem by using deque is as follows:
Traverse the string S. If any character except ‘#’ is found push it at back in deque. if the character ‘#’ is found pop a character from back of deque. Finally pop all elements from front of deque to make new string.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N), where N is the length of the String.
- Rearrange the characters of the string such that no two adjacent characters are consecutive English alphabets
- Permutation of a string with maximum number of characters greater than its adjacent characters
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from first K characters of a string | Set 2
- Minimal moves to form a string by adding characters or appending string itself
- Create a new string by alternately combining the characters of two halves of the string in reverse
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from the first K characters of a given string
- Minimum deletions from string to reduce it to string with at most 2 unique characters
- Find the smallest window in a string containing all characters of another string
- Remove characters from the first string which are present in the second string
- Check whether second string can be formed from characters of first string
- String matching where one string contains wildcard characters
- Roll the characters of string
- Swap characters in a String
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.