reverse() is a predefined function in header file algorithm. It is defined as a template in the above mentioned header file. It reverses the order of the elements in the range [first, last) of any container.
Note: The range used is [first,last), which contains all the elements between first and last, including the element pointed by first but not the element pointed by last.
void reverse(BidirectionalIterator first, BidirectionalIterator last) BidirectionalIterator is an iterator that can be used to access any elements of a container in both forward and backward direction.
Input : 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Output :10 11 12 13 14 17 16 15 Explanation: reverse(v.begin() + 5, v.begin() + 8); In the above function, input we have applied reverse() on the vector from index 5 to index 7. Therefore when we display the vector we get reverse order from index 5 to index 7.
Reverse only from index 5 to 7 in array: 10 11 12 13 14 17 16 15 Reverse full array: 7654
This article is contributed by Hardik Gaur. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Program to create Custom Vector Class in C++
- std::is_trivially_copy_constructible in C/C++
- Difference between Python and C++
- tgamma() method in C/C++ with Examples
- boost::type_traits::is_array Template in C++
- boost is_pointer template in C++
- Stack of Pair in C++ STL with Examples
- Modulo Operator (%) in C/C++ with Examples
- fpclassify() method in C/C++ with Examples
- Operator Overloading '<<' and '>>' operator in a linked list class
- How to find the Entry with largest Value in a C++ Map
- Visibility Modes in C++ with Examples
- Program to implement Separate Chaining in C++ STL without the use of pointers
- Speed up Code executions with help of Pragma in C/C++
- Vector of Vectors in C++ STL with Examples