Databases offer numerous functionalities by which one can manage large amounts of information easily over the web, and high-volume data input and output over a typical file such as a text file. SQL is a query language and is very popular in databases. Many websites use MySQL. SQLite is a “light” version that works over syntax very much similar to SQL.
SQLite is a self-contained, high-reliability, embedded, full-featured, public-domain, SQL database engine. It is the most used database engine in the world wide web.
Python has a library to access SQLite databases, called sqlite3, intended for working with this database which has been included with Python package since version 2.5.
In this article we will discuss, how to query database using commands like Update and Delete and also to visualize data via graphs.
It is recommended to go through SQL using Python | Set 1
Updation and Deletion Operation
Total number of rows updated : 1 (u'B113053', u'Geek', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 21.0), (u'B113058', u'Saan', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 21.0), (u'B113059', u'Sam', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 22.0)
Total number of rows deleted : 1 (u'B113053', u'Geek', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 21.0), (u'B113059', u'Sam', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 22.0)
Data input by User
(u'Navin', 34, 113053) (u'Basu', 42, 113058) (u'Firoz', 65, 113059) (u'Tim', 47, 113060) (u'Varun', 54, 113061)
Graphing with SQLite
In this way we can perform such operations using SQL query to communicate with Database and plot a Graph significantly to draw out its characteristic.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- SQL using C/C++ and SQLite
- Differences between SQL and SQLite
- Difference between Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Introduction to SQLite in Python
- How to store Python functions in a Sqlite table?
- Introduction to SQLite
- SQLite Statements or Syntax
- SQLite Data Types
- SQL | Difference between functions and stored procedures in PL/SQL
- Difference between SQL and T-SQL
- SQL | Procedures in PL/SQL
- SQL using Python | Set 1
- SQL using Python | Set 3 (Handling large data)
- Combining aggregate and non-aggregate values in SQL using Joins and Over clause
- How to Find Duplicate Values in a SQL Table using Python?
- How to find tables that contain a specific column in SQL using Python?
- Copy tables between databases in SQL Server using Import-and-Export Wizard
- SQL query using COUNT and HAVING clause
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Stored Procedures - SQL
- SQL Query to find the Nth Largest Value in a Column using Limit and Offset
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.