Create a simple calculator which can perform basic arithmetic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division depending upon the user input in Bash.
Enter two numbers: 5.6 3.4 Enter Choice: 1. Addition 2. Subtraction 3. Multiplication 4. Division 3 5.6 * 3.4 = 19.0
1. Read Two Numbers 2. Input Choice (1-Addition, 2-Subtraction, 3-Multiplication, 4-Division) 3. if Choice equals 1 Calculate res = a + b else If Choice equals 2 Calculate res = a - b else if Choice equals 3 Calculate res = a * b else if Choice equals 4 Calculate res = a / b 4. Output Result, res
echo is one of the mostly used command.
It is used to print a line of text in standard output.
$ echo [-neE] [arg ...]
The command read in the Linux is used to read the input from the keyboard.
When there are a lot of if statement in Shell and it becomes confusing. Then it is good to use case statement.
4. bc Command
Checkout the link for bc Command bc Command Linux Example
- Fibonacci Series in Bash
- Average of given numbers in Bash
- Bash program to find A to the power B
- Programs for printing different patterns in Bash
- Sorting an array in Bash using Bubble sort
- Bash program to check if the Number is a Palindrome
- Useful and time saving bash commands in Linux
- Bash program to check if the Number is a Prime or not
- Bash shell script to find sum of digits
- Bash shell script to swap two numbers
- Write a bash script to print a particular line from a file
- agetty command in Linux with Examples
- How to Install Lazy Script in Kali Linux?
- How to Install Katoolin on Linux Mint?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.