Online test held of approx 1.5 hr .It consisted of 5 mcqs(Quantitave, Technical) and 5 coding questions. 4 coding questions were easy each of 20 marks and 1 coding question was of 50 marks(average). Students who solved at least three questions were shortlisted. It was held on hackerearth.
Out of 40, 25 were shortlisted . The eligibility criteria was 7.5 CGPA.
Interview was held through Skype. The interviewer was helpful. It was basically coding round .They checked logical as well as coding ability. The question asked to me was:
An incomplete sudoku is given .You have to verify whether the sudoku is correct or not i.e. whether it satisfies the condition of all the rows having different digits 1-9, every column having different digits 1-9 and all nine 3 x 3 boxes having different digits 1-9. The interviewer told to write the full code . He also told to verify the condition for all 3 x3 possible boxes in 9 x 9 sudoku . Then he told me to print the array forward as well as reverse using recursion and write the code .
Some students were asked LCA(Lowest Common Ancestor), n ary tree, graph (Dijkstra, bfs, dfs, )
9 were shortlisted for next round
The interview held after 5-6 days . It held through skype . He asked me to subtract two numbers using linked list .No need to write the code just he was checking my logical skills and how do I approach on cross questions . Don’t forget to check corner cases.
The 2nd question was :
Given an expression a* k=n where ‘a’ can be any positive integer, ‘n’ only consist of 1 and 0 . you have to tell the logic how will you find smallest n(can’t be 0) that should be multiple of a . So I told the backtracking approach after taking 10 minutes . The interviewer give time to think, so utilise it properly you will find the solution 🙂 . He told me to optimise it . I told queue approach of generating binary numbers by pushing 1 first of all and popping from queue and concat once with 0 and push the no in queue and concat once with 1 and push the no in queue .Also keep checking whether the number is divisible by a or not . He was satisfied with my approach.
Then he told me if the no n overflows i.e. more than 64 bits, how will you check the divisibility criteria with a non overflow number . I used string and divide the same way as a small child divides by running a for loop . And he was satisfied.
Some students were asked questions on Os, Dbms, Graph, Linked List, Trees .
Me and one of my friend was qualified directly for HR round . For some 3rd technical also held.
HR round was quite easy . He just wanted to know about my technical skills, projects and if any previous internship done.
Finally we two were offered internship as well as FTE 🙂
Suggestion : Don’t get nervous . Be confident . Keep smiling face always . And discuss your solutions with interviewer frankly whatever is coming in your mind.
All the best 🙂
- Sigmoid Analytics Company Interview Experience
- Sigmoid Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Sigmoid Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- EXL Analytics Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- EXL Analytics Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Analytics Quad4 Interview Experience
- Global Analytics Interview Experience
- Global Analytics Interview Experience | Set 2
- EXL Analytics Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- LatentView Analytics Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Analytics Quotient Interview Experience | On-Campus
- Analytics Quotient Interview Experience (On campus)
- Modak Analytics B.tech Interview Experience
- Evive Software Analytics Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Schlumberger Pune Interview Experience | Analytics Engineer
- J.P. Morgan Interview Experience for Full Time Analyst Role - Focused Analytics Solutions Team (FAST)
- Sigmoid Recruitment Process for ASDE (Assistant Software Development Engineer) on Campus NIT Patna
- Analytics Quotient(AQ) (On Campus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.