Reverse Statement Word by Word in SQL server
To reverse any statement Word by Word in SQL server we could use the SUBSTRING function which allows us to extract and display the part of a string.
Pre-requisite :SUBSTRING function
- Declared three variables (@Input, @Output, @Length) using the DECLARE statement.
- Use the WHILE Loop to iterate every character present in the @Input. For the condition inside the SQL Server while loop, use the SQL LEN Function to check whether the length of the Input is greater than 0 or not.
- Within the while loop, use the SUBSTRING Function to set the @Output value with three parameters, and they are Input, start point, endpoint. Here we assigned the Input as @Input, use the start point as 0.
- Use the CHARINDEX Function to find the ‘ ‘, so that the endpoint will be before the space.
- Now, adding this to @Output, and which is empty at the starting of the loop.
- To update the @Input variable, use the SUBSTRING Function. Here we assigned the Input as @Input.
- Next, use the SQL CHARINDEX Function to find the empty space, and then we added 1 so that the starting point will be after space.
- Then, use the SQL LEN Function to specify the end value.
- At SET @Output it is extracting the word starting at 0 indexes and up to empty space. That will be the first word.
- Once it got its first word, it will remove that word from @Input using the SET @Input code.
Welcome to SQL Server Tutorial on Geeksforgeeks.
DECLARE @Input VARCHAR(MAX)
DECLARE @Output VARCHAR(MAX)
DECLARE @Length INT
SET @Input = 'Welcome to SQL Server
Tutorial on Geeksforgeeks.'
SET @Output = ''
WHILE LEN(@Input) > 0
IF CHARINDEX(' ', @Input) > 0
SET @Output = SUBSTRING
(@Input, 0, CHARINDEX(' ', @Input))
+ ' ' + @Output
SET @Input = LTRIM
(' ', @Input) + 1, LEN(@Input))))
SET @Output = @Input + ' ' + @Output
SET @Input = ''
Geeksforgeeks. on Tutorial Server SQL to Welcome
Input and Output using SQL Server Management Studio :
Unlock the Power of Placement Preparation!
Feeling lost in OS, DBMS, CN, SQL, and DSA chaos? Our Complete Interview Preparation
Course is the ultimate guide to conquer placements. Trusted by over 100,000+ geeks, this course is your roadmap to interview triumph.
Ready to dive in? Explore our Free Demo Content and join our Complete Interview Preparation