Pygame is a cross-platform set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It includes computer graphics and sound libraries designed to be used with the Python programming language. Now, it’s up to the imagination or necessity of developer, what type of game he/she wants to develop using this toolkit.
So, in this article, we will learn how to make an object jump using PyGame library in Python.
There is basic formula from classical mechanics to make an object jump.
F = 1/2 * m * v^2
Where F is the force up/down, m is the mass of the object and v is the velocity. The velocity goes down over time because when the object jumps the velocity will not increase more in this simulation. When object reaches the ground, the jump ends. If
isjump variable is True or False it indicates object is jumping or not. If
isjump is True, object position will be updated according to the above formula.
- Making Label Jump using PyQt5 in Python
- Python - Moving an object in PyGame
- Adding Boundary to an Object in Pygame
- Making a text object with VPython
- Tic Tac Toe GUI In Python using PyGame
- Python | Display images with PyGame
- Binary Search Visualization using Pygame in Python
- Python | Drawing different shapes on PyGame window
- Python | Display text to PyGame window
- Python | Playing audio file in Pygame
- Python - Drawing design using arrow keys in PyGame
- Object Oriented Programming in Python | Set 2 (Data Hiding and Object Printing)
- Object Oriented Programming in Python | Set 1 (Class, Object and Members)
- Python Bokeh - Making a Pie Chart
- Python | Making program run faster
- Python - Making a Reddit bot with PRAW
- Python Bokeh - Making Interactive Legends
- Introduction to pygame
- 8-bit game using pygame
- Click Module in Python | Making awesome Command Line Utilities