Given two list of lists, write a Python program to find the intersection between the given two lists.
Input : lst1 = [['a', 'c'], ['d', 'e']] lst2 = [['a', 'c'], ['e', 'f'], ['d', 'e']] Output : [['a', 'c'], ['d', 'e']] Input : lst1 = [[1, 5, 7], [2, 3], [6, 9], [4, 8]] lst2 = [[9, 3], [2, 3], [6, 9]] Output : [[2, 3], [6, 9]]
Approach #1 : Naive(List comprehension)
The brute-force or naive approach to find the intersection of list of lists is to use List comprehension or simply a for loop.
[['a', 'c'], ['d', 'e']]
Approach #2 : Using Set intersection()
This is an efficient method in comparison to the naive approach. We first convert both list of lists into list of tuples using map() because Python sets are compatible with tuples, not lists. Then we simply find Set intersection() of both the lists.
[['d', 'e'], ['a', 'c']]
- Python | Intersection of two lists
- Python | Initializing multiple lists
- Python | Append multiple lists at once
- Python | Interleave multiple lists of same length
- Python | Iterate over multiple lists simultaneously
- Python | Program to count number of lists in a list of lists
- Python | Records Intersection
- Python | Intersection of two String
- Intersection() function Python
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.intersection
- Python | Pandas Index.intersection()
- Python | Intersection of two nested list
- Python | Zipping two lists of lists
- Python | Intersection in Tuple Records Data
- Intersection of two arrays in Python ( Lambda expression and filter function )
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.