Given two list of lists, write a Python program to find the intersection between the given two lists.
Input : lst1 = [['a', 'c'], ['d', 'e']] lst2 = [['a', 'c'], ['e', 'f'], ['d', 'e']] Output : [['a', 'c'], ['d', 'e']] Input : lst1 = [[1, 5, 7], [2, 3], [6, 9], [4, 8]] lst2 = [[9, 3], [2, 3], [6, 9]] Output : [[2, 3], [6, 9]]
Approach #1 : Naive(List comprehension)
The brute-force or naive approach to find the intersection of list of lists is to use List comprehension or simply a for loop.
[['a', 'c'], ['d', 'e']]
Approach #2 : Using Set intersection()
This is an efficient method in comparison to the naive approach. We first convert both list of lists into list of tuples using map() because Python sets are compatible with tuples, not lists. Then we simply find Set intersection() of both the lists.
[['d', 'e'], ['a', 'c']]
- Python | Intersection of two lists
- Python | Append multiple lists at once
- Python | Initializing multiple lists
- Python | Iterate over multiple lists simultaneously
- Python | Interleave multiple lists of same length
- Python | Program to count number of lists in a list of lists
- Intersection() function Python
- Python | Intersection of two String
- Python | Pandas Index.intersection()
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.intersection
- Python | Intersection of two nested list
- Python | Zipping two lists of lists
- Intersection of two arrays in Python ( Lambda expression and filter function )
- Python counter and dictionary intersection example (Make a string using deletion and rearrangement)
- Python | Find common elements in three sorted arrays by dictionary intersection
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.