Given a list of strings, the task is to sort that list based on given requirement.
There are multiple scenarios possible while sorting a list of sting, like –
- Sorting in alphabetical/reverse order.
- Based on length of string character
- Sorting the integer values in list of string etc.
Let’s discuss various ways to perform this task.
Example #1: Using
['a', 'for', 'geeks', 'gfg', 'is', 'portal']
Example #2: Using
a for geeks gfg is portal
Example #3: Sort by length of strings
['a', 'is', 'for', 'geeks', 'portal', 'Geeksforgeeks']
Example #4: Sort string by integer value
['7', '11', '23', '33', '55']
Example #5: Sort in descending order
['portal', 'is', 'gfg', 'geeks', 'for', 'a']
- Python | Sort list of dates given as strings
- Python | Sort all sublists in given list of strings
- Python | Sort numeric strings in a list
- Python | Sort given list of strings by part of string
- Python | Ways to sort list of strings in case-insensitive manner
- Python | Remove empty strings from list of strings
- Python | Tokenizing strings in list of strings
- Python | Filter list of strings based on the substring list
- Python | Merge list of tuple into list by joining the strings
- Python | Convert list of strings to list of tuples
- Python | Filter a list based on the given list of strings
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of strings
- Python | Convert List of lists to list of Strings
- Python | Sort list according to other list order
- Python | Sort the values of first list using second list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.