Given a 2D list, write a Python program to find the most common element in each column of the 2D list.
Input : [[1, 1, 3], [2, 3, 3], [3, 2, 2], [2, 1, 3]] Output : [2, 1, 3] Input : [['y', 'y'], ['y', 'x'], ['x', 'x']] Output : ['y', 'x']
Method #1 : Using most_common() from collections module
most_common() return a list of the n most common elements and their counts from the most common to the least. Thus, we can easily find the most common elements in each column using list comprehension.
[2, 1, 3]
Method #3 : Using mode() from statistics module
[2, 1, 3]
- Python | Find most common element in a 2D list
- Python | Find common elements in list of lists
- Python | Find most frequent element in a list
- Python | Find frequency of largest element in list
- Python | Merge List with common elements in a List of Lists
- Python | Summation of Kth Column of Tuple List
- Python | Column wise sum of nested list
- Python | Search in Nth column in list of tuples
- Python | Column deletion from list of lists
- Python | Convert column to separate elements in list of lists
- Python | Check if two lists have any element in common
- Python | Check if two lists have at-least one element common
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python | Replace elements in second list with index of same element in first list
- Python | Subtract two list elements if element in first list is greater
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.