Twitter is a popular social network where users share messages called tweets. Twitter allows us to mine the data of any user using Twitter API or Tweepy. The data will be tweets extracted from the user. The first thing to do is get the consumer key, consumer secret, access key and access secret from twitter developer available easily for each user. These keys will help the API for authentication.
home_timeline() method of the
API class in Tweepy module is used to get the 20 most recent statuses, including retweets, posted by the authenticating user and that user’s friends. This is the equivalent of /timeline/home on the Web.
Syntax : API.home_timeline(parameters)
- since_ids : Fetch only the statuses newer than the specified ID.
- max_ids : Fetch only the statuses older than or equal to the specified ID.
- count : The number of statuses to be fetched, the default value is 20.
Returns : a list of objects of the class Status
Example 1 :Using the
home_timeline() method without any parameters.
republic AapGhumaKeLeLo_ vijaita ABPNews 1911_1913_BakUp BBCPolitics SwarajyaMag WIONews YourAnonNews thehill AP TimesNow krystalball People4Bernie Holbornlolz RealSaavedra BenjaminPDixon BJP4Haryana BuzzFeed MixedRaita
Example 2: Using the
home_timeline() method with the count parameter to fetch only a specified number of statuses.
ANI alexkotch chrislongview CNN CGTNOfficial
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - API.create_friendship() in Tweepy
- Python - API.get_user() in Tweepy
- Python - API.me() in Tweepy
- Python - API.lookup_users() in Tweepy
- Python - API.statuses_lookup() in Tweepy
- Python - API.user_timeline() in Tweepy
- Python - API.retweets_of_me() in Tweepy
- Python - API.mentions_timeline() in Tweepy
- Python | API.update_status() in Tweepy
- Python - API.update_status() in Tweepy
- Python - API.search_users() in Tweepy
- Python - API.followers() in Tweepy
- Python - API.friends() in Tweepy
- Python - API.get_status() in Tweepy
- Python - API.media_upload() in Tweepy
- Python - API.retweet() in Tweepy
- Python - API.unretweet() in Tweepy
- Python - API.retweets() in Tweepy
- Python - API.destroy_status() in Tweepy
- Python - API.destroy_friendship() in Tweepy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.