In this article, you will learn how to add and work with a tab window in your PyQt5 application. Each tab has a different layout and page under a selected tab is displayed, while keeping the others hidden. To select a tab, you need to click the desired tab from the tab bar which is provided by this QTabWidget.
The below article describes the process of creating a sample application that has three tabs and each tab has a different layout.
If you want to add an icon on any tab. You just need to replace
self.tabs.addTab(self.tab1, QIcon("Location of the icon"), ('Geeks'))
and import the
QIcon library from
- PyQt5 - Bbackground image to lineedit part of ComboBox when mouse hover
- PyQt5 - Background image to lineedit part of non-editable ComboBox when mouse hover
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Setting object name
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Showing it on lower level
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Border to the tool buttons
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Clicked signal
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Removing memory reference
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Border to the months menu
- PyQt5 - Getting the role of selected item in ComboBox
- PyQt5 ComboBox - User entered items store at top
- PyQt5 ComboBox – User entered items not stored in drop down menu
- PyQt5 - How make duplicates insertions in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - Checking if the duplicate values are allowed or not in ComboBox
- PyQt5 - How know the insertion policy of the ComboBox
- PyQt5 – How to hide label | label.setHidden method
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Ensuring Polished
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting depth
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting Pixel ratio
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting System Identifier
- PyQt5 QLabel - Checking if the opacity effect is window type
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.