Given a string of lower case and uppercase characters, your task is to find the largest and smallest alphabet (according to ASCII values) in the string. Note that in ASCII, all capital letters come before all small letters.
Input : sample string Output : Largest = t, Smallest = a Input : Geeks Output : Largest = s, Smallest = G Explanation: According to alphabetical order largest alphabet in this string is 's' and smallest alphabet in this string is 'G'( not 'e' according to the ASCII value) Input : geEks Output : Largest = s, Smallest = E
The maximum possible value can be ‘z’ and smallest possible value can be ‘A’.
Largest and smallest alphabet is : s and E
This article is contributed by Sahil Rajput. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Program to find the XOR of ASCII values of characters in a string
- Program to find the product of ASCII values of characters in a string
- Program to find Smallest and Largest Word in a String
- Find the smallest window in a string containing all characters of another string
- Find Kth largest string from the permutations of the string with two characters
- Find largest word in dictionary by deleting some characters of given string
- Average of ASCII values of characters of a given string
- Count pairs of characters in a string whose ASCII value difference is K
- Count characters in a string whose ASCII values are prime
- Find the most valued alphabet in the String
- Find number of substrings of length k whose sum of ASCII value of characters is divisible by k
- Find the sum of the ascii values of characters which are present at prime positions
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from the first K characters of a given string
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from first K characters of a string | Set 2
- Smallest window that contains all characters of string itself
- Largest sub-string where all the characters appear at least K times
- Swap all occurrences of two characters to get lexicographically smallest string
- Python | Get the smallest window in a string containing all characters of given pattern
- Lexicographically largest string formed from the characters in range L and R
- Length of the smallest sub-string consisting of maximum distinct characters