Given a string str, the task is to check if this string is null or not, in Java.
Input: str = null Output: True Input: str = "GFG" Output: False
- Get the String to be checked in str
- We can simply compare the string with Null using == relational operator.
if(str == null)
- Print true if the above condition is true. Else print false.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Is string [GeeksforGeeks] null? false Is string [null] null? true
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Java program to check whether a string is a Palindrome
- Program to check if a String in Java contains only whitespaces
- Program to check if the String is Empty in Java
- Calling a method using null in Java
- Null Pointer Exception In Java
- Interesting facts about null in Java
- Replace null values with default value in Java Map
- Method overloading and null error in Java
- C Program to Check if a Given String is Palindrome
- C++ program to check whether a String is a Pangram or not
- Program to check if input is an integer or a string
- Program to check if first and the last characters of string are equal
- Python program to check if a string is palindrome or not
- Python program to check if given string is pangram
- Python program to check if given string is vowel Palindrome
- Python program to check if a string contains all unique characters
- Check if a given string is Pangram in Java
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java
- How to check if string contains only digits in Java
- Check for string rotation in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.